Our recent research projects were mainly focused on:
- Eco-ethology and physiological adaptations of Mediterranean, East African and South East Asian semi-terrestrial crabs in a climate change scenario;
- Role of crabs and molluscs in the ecosystem functioning of Indo-Pacific mangroves forests;
- Effect of climate changes on the biology and physiology of embryonic, larval and adult phases of tropical and Mediterranean intertidal invertebrates;
- Patterns of zonation, distribution and diversity of East African and South East Asian mangrove crabs;
- Orientation and navigation of terrestrial and semi-terrestrial crabs.